The Baagh Resort at Kanha offers many
amenities and special programs for guests to commune with nature, relax,
rejuvenate, enjoy the local culture or indulge in delicious cuisine.
Among them are:
Restaurant & Bar
The spacious restaurant offers rustic charm with handcrafted Burmese teak furniture, and a handsome separate bar for enjoying an evening cocktail. The romantic wood deck has easterly views over the countryside, perfect for a hot cup of morning tea or a refreshing drink in the afternoon.
Our cuisine ranges from traditional and innovative Indian specialties to Western favorites prepared with locally grown produce and specialty items from our on-site organic gardens. We proudly serve an array of imported liquor as well as Indian wines.
Relax in our Library Lounge while you thumb through books on nature, Indian wildlife, birds, Indian culture and a selection of fiction and non-fiction literature. Readings and lectures are also available upon request.
Treat yourself to one of several Ayurvedic treatments in our traditional spa. We recommend a stress-relieving massage or hot oil Shirodhara treatment, designed to rejuvenate and bring balance to the mind and body.
Enjoy the sunshine while basking around the pool or cool off with a refreshing dip after a warm day in the jungle.
Take a leisurely walk around the resort. The grounds are thoughtfully landscaped to incorporate the natural beauty of the area yet provide accessible paths. You'll find traditional chhatris (pillared dome-shaped pavillions), thousands of native plants, rose gardens, colorful lantana, as well as papaya, mango, sweet lime, and lemon trees. The organic garden produces fresh ingredients for the resort's chefs.
Additional Entertainment & Services
- Morning and evening safaris in open jeeps (See Jungle Safaris.)
- Knowledgeable naturalists and drivers for guided safari tours.
- Wildlife slideshow documentaries and films available.
- Tribal Baiga Dance before an open bonfire.
- 24-hour front desk
- Daily housekeeping included in the room rate
- Private Sit-out area for each room
- Private bathroom for each unit
- Multi Cuisine Restaurant & Barbeque
- 5 Special Outdoor Dining Experiences
- Guided Bird Walks & Village Walks
- Baiga Tribal Dance Performance in Evenings
- Bonfires, Riverside Picnics & Tea
- Ayurvedic Massages